Friday, September 12, 2008

Hey Girls!

It's so nice to be back!! Karen - I was thinking the same thing about Maddie. We went in to daycare today to pick her up and there was a little 5 month olg girl crawling around...I was stunned. Couldn't believe she was doing that!! I was thinking to myself, will Maddie be rolling by then? She is at ten weeks occasionally rolling side to side. She has started to pull her legs up a lot and often gets her hands to knees, but not yet to feet (I will try to keep my developmental milestone thoughts to myself since I do it all day long at work and evaluate my child all too often!). Meri - what is Sophia doing these days? She is 5.5 months, right?


Mer - glad to hear that Ana transitioned so nicely. By all accounts, it's very tough to transition at 3, much tougher than 10 weeks so it seems like you got lucky. She's definitely growing up and looks so cute in her picture...I like the side pony :)


Jo - welcome to the site....the more the merrier - we like to see people joining. Congratulations on your new bundle. As far as slings go, I have a Moby Sling. Maddie LOVED it when she was littler.....I haven't used it much since then although you can continue to use it for months. It definitely takes some practice and is difficult to get on. It's essentially one peice of material that you need to learn how to tie around you. I also have the Bjorn...Maddie seems to like it (she still usually falls asleep in it, but I'm sure as she gets older she will enjoy kicking and seeing everything). I bought the Active Bjorn, which I think was 120$. The regular Bjorn is 80$ I think. We tried them all on in the store (by we I mean Jeff....I made him try on like EVERY sling that existed!) and the active was definitely MUCH BETTER on the back than any of the others. I thought about trying one of the slings that puts her in the cradle position (peapod or something?) because its easy to use and you just plop them in it, but I think at this age they would get bored easily and want to be upright. SO, although I like the Moby for its versatility, but I think it is difficult to use. The bjorn is relatively easy to use and gives you the option of facing you or facing out...if you are worried about your back, spend the extra 40$ and buy the active bjorn....just my two cents. Good luck and let us know if you find something you like! And please feel free to invite anyone you like to the site. Just go to settings and permission and invite them.


So glad to be back in the swing of things. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!! Meri -tell Jenn to get on here and introduce her kiddos!!

Here's Maddie on the new granite.....at least SOMETHING is done in our place! You can see the Sam's Summer in the background...as much as I wish these empties were all mine, you all know where they came from!!

No comments: