Friday, September 19, 2008

Break-down

Hi girls. I officially had a breakdown the other night to my husband. It all started two weeks ago when I got on the scale with Erin and realized that she hadn't gained much weight since her last MD appointment. Because of this I started to pump a feeding a day to see how much she was getting - it started with about 3oz and the last time (this week)was not even a half ounce. In between we started to supplement with formula so she would gain some weight which has worked out beautifully because she is very healthy at her 11+ lbs. I became obsessed with the amount of breast milk that she was actually getting and felt that I had to pump and feed her a bottle so I could regulate what she was getting. I'm not sure but I think I screwed myself by doing this...or maybe my body just can't produce that much. I have to call a lactation consultant at this point because I don't want to give up. As I said, I had a complete breakdown to Jim the other night - full out hysterical crying - feeling like an inadequate mother in not being able to feed my daughter enough on my own. Have any of you met with a lactation consultant? If so do you recommend them?

No comments: