Hi Jo,
Breastfeeding is NOT an exact science. People who breastfeed exclusively and never pump never really know how much the baby is getting. I get myself into emotional dives all the time when I pump bottles for Sophia. Sometimes I only get 1-2 oz per feeding and other times 3-4. I haven't figured out if it is my milk supply...or the fact that the pump doesn't get all my milk. I do notice that I have trouble with the let-down when pumping and sometimes it takes over 10 minutes before it happens. So I question using the pump as a good means of measuring what she is actually getting. Sometimes I find myself adding an ounce or two of formula when I don't get at least 3 oz in a pumped bottle. ....and then she sometimes will only take the amount I pumped anyway.....! I know she is healthy however so I don't worry too much. One thing I DO know. The more you nurse...the better. It is strictly supply and demand. I have heard you can stop nursing and then start again. ...so it may be worth seeing a lactation consultant ....especially if this is important to you!! Always seek help/advice if you have concerns..thats what these people are here for....I can tell it IS important to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment