Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Eliana's Preschool Report and Sophia's new food!

Gary and I attended Ana's first preschool parent teacher conference today! It was really funny. Her progress report was great! Apparently at school she is one of the two quietest kids!! Can we say opposite of at home!!!? LOL. She does great with everything but a few minor things......ha ha. She can't put on her own coat......and she does not clean up at all!! Surprise surprise!! We are working on cleaning up and getting dressed ourselves at home:) I love to hear these things about her and see how she is when I am not around!! Anyway....she is doing great otherwise....just extremely jealous of the baby at home lately! Now that Sophia is sitting, babbling, smiling and laughing.....she is feeling the true effects of siblinghood and sharing the spotlight. Just yesterday Ana came running into the kitchen and said....mommy....I just gave Sophia some of my string cheese......all excited!! When I heard the coughing in the other room I ran.....and low and behold....Sophia was gagging on several hunks of cheese!!! Good god....had to explain to Ana that we can't give the baby just anything and she always has to check with mommy first!!! Yikes. This came after she tipped Sophia over in her high chair last week!! Two kids is much more complicated....let me tell you! Ana is learning....we love her anyway!
The other fun news is that Sophia is learning to drink a little water from a sippy and loves it and also is trying her first little banana puffs! She makes a funny face....but keeps opening her mouth for more! I tell her to chew and make the movements...and she copies! Too cute!

2 comments:

Karin, Jeffrey, and Madison Smith said...

Too CUTE!! Love those Cheeks!!! and we are jealous of all that HAIR!!

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

the funniest part about this video (made during halloween time) is that the puffs looked like sophia has fake teeth (in the beginning of the video).

it is so cute how little sophia is copying your movements meri!

what a scare the string cheese must have been!!