Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Maddie's 2 month appointment


So here is the first update...Maddie had her 2 month appointment today (a couple days early because of the renovation disaster that is my home). Just to vent, we waited in the waiting room for 50 minutes before getting called back. Got weighed and all that jazz then waited another 20 more for the doc., who came in and thought Maddie was a boy, and then waited another 30 for the nurse to come in and give vaccinations....we were there for a total of 2 HOURS!!! Needless to say after that and not getting called back for two days about the medicine a few weeks back, I think we are in the hunt for a new pedi. Ughh! Anyway, Maddie is now 9 pounds, 6.5 ounces and 23 inches long. She is a little small, but growing well according to the doc. I am a little concerned about her weight, but she eats, pees, and poops so maybe I shouldn't worry so much. She had her umbilical cord cauterized today. She said it should shrivel up within two weeks. If not, we will have it cauterized again. At least we are now able to give her a bath....first one was tonight... a little bit of a disaster since I am a PRO at sponge bathing, but have NO IDEA what I am doing with a real bath. The vaccinations were terrible! I almost cried...the poor thing!! Since I was there for 2 hours, she hadn't eaten in 3.5 and was already a mess, so the nurse had me feed her right after the shots and that immediately stopped the screaming and tears (thank goodness!) I am definitely stressed out a little after that visit! Next obstacle is figuring out this bottle feeding thing in prep for daycare...like how many bottles, how often, and how much...anyone have any ideas of where to start?? And Meri - make sure you add Ana too....she doesn't get left out just because she is 3 :) If you guys want me to add anyone else to the author list, let me know! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

ahh man kar..now i know what to pack for brandon's 2 monther...paci's and tissues (for me)..i'm sorry it sounded like quite the ordeal. the icing on the cake is that the doctor thought she was a boy!! if there is a mom's group in the area, they might be able to recommend a pedi. i second the need for ana's addition. i was thinking the same thing :)

meri said...

Ha ha...I love that onesie...doesn't it say it all!