So I think I just have defective boobs! I really question whether or not I am producing enough milk. When I pump, I only get between 1 and 3 ounces....usually it is 2, but can be 1 at night...3 only if it has been 4-5 hours. So, I think my little peanut is only getting 2 to 2.5 ounces per feed and we only feed usually 7 times per day (since she is so nice to her mommy and sleeps at least eight hours at night). That puts her at 14 - 17.5 ounces a day. That could be why she is so little!! Shouldn't my poor boobs be making more milk for this little one? I only ever have a squirting issue if it has been like 5 hours. You would think with all this pumping and feeding that my boobs would be like a super soaker. I have stopped pumping at night so that she can get all that i have to give her from both sides. I am actually excited at the prospect of her having like 5 bottles at daycare so maybe she will get more and grow. I have just about reached to 400 ounces in my freezer (AKA Karin's dairy farm) so hopefully I will get her a couple more months before switching over to formula. Ho much is everyone else pumping and how often. Are my boobs defective?
Jenn - welcome to our bitch board :) can you introduce your little girls, when they were born and pictures please :)
I don't know what kind of pace we will keep up, but I have enjoyed this so far. Thanks for all the great advice! That website is really god Karen!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment