Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Surviving the grind



Hi girls. I've been back to work a week now and all is well. I have to say, the transition has been practically flawless. Erin is adjusting so well. She's been sleeping through the night since I started back - coincidence - who knows, but it works. I think next week I'm going to start putting her in her own room. My mom is having such a great time with Erin - I almost feel bad taking her home when I pick her up after work - my mom and step-dad hate to see her leave. I had my first night out away from her last weekend - Jim and I went to the BC game - didn't get home until after 1am. I'm not as young as I used to be...I was out of it for 2 days. I missed her terribly but my sisters took very good care of her so we'll do it again some time I'm sure.


Meri - don't feel bad about the little one weening...be lucky that you were able to nurse her for so long. Here I am at 3 months and Erin is completely on formula due to my lack in supply. How is she doing on the formula??


Karin and Karen - I hope all is well with the babes. Karen - will we be seeing you at Dr. Howard's office next month? We have our 4 month check up on the 19th at noon.

2 comments:

meri said...

Thanks...I actually am feeling a great sense of relief now! I am feeling liberated! It was hard to be so tied down with her and having the older child!! It was what she wanted so I was happy in the end. She is doing great...I can see that she was taking the smaller amounts...like 2 ounces during most of the day feedings and at night was taking more like 4-6 oz feedings....A little backwards:) But she is starting to transition to sleeping longer stretches and taking up to 4 oz during 1 to 2 day feedings. She loves to eat her three food meals too...and I am going to try yogurt next month to help add more milk! I think she is getting about 17-20 oz in a 24 hour period....the pediatrician says anywhere from 16 -24. So...I am not worried. I will check in with them at her 9 month appt. Her poops seem ok...probably because she eats her oatmeal cereal and various fruits and veggies:) Glad to hear all is well...I bet it feels good to know she is in good hands and you can get some time to yourself!!

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

yay!! i'm glad that the transition back has gone really good! it sounds as though erin is loving some grammy time..so nice!!!