Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hey Girls!!


Well...I have been hemming and hawing and stressing over this for the past month....I have decided to wean Sophia! She basically decided for me. I have just been waiting for something to give to help me make the decision a little easier. The past few days she has only been nursing for like a minute at a feeding....mostly distracted and pulling off and not even having a good feeding. So of course I worry. And now when I pump in the morning...I only get 1 and a half to 2 at the most. Then...on occasion...I will get a little nibble from the new teeth she has been sporting. Tonight....when trying to put her to bed....instead of nursing calmly and falling off to zzz land...she clamped down on my nipple and nearly drew blood...three times in a row!!! OUCH!!!!! I immediately got her a 4 oz formula bottle and she sucked it down....gave her the pacifier...layed her in her crib and she went to sleep on her own!!! I think she has started to wean herself!! So....I also just bought a new personal fit breast sheild to see if it would get more milk out when I pump....it does do a better job in my opinion. So I pumped and I will continue to do so for a week or so to store up some bm in the freezer to have on hand for a while. But...basically we are moving on to formula at about 7 months.....I am happy to have done it this long. If she was really into it I wouldn't hesitate to continue....but she doesn't seem to want me anymore :( sigh...... Oh well. I am feeling good about it....what makes her happy makes me happy. We will see how her digestive system handles this change.

Hope your first week went well Joellen!! Hope all else is well girls!! Karin- I think the toy I liked was infantino.....I just saw a cute one called the lil' chef set! Cute! Karen- hope Mr. Mom's week went well!! Have a great rest of your weekends ladies!!!! Just keeping you all informed and updated on our stuff:) Here is a pic for good measure.


Passing out in the Jumperoo!!

6 comments:

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

ooh, meri i'm cringing reading your post. yup, it seems as though sophia has made up her mind. 7 months is very impressive! i think it will make your trip in november easier. i often wonder how long brandon and i will last. how does sophia like the jumperoo? i've been wanting to get one for brandon, maybe as an early x-mas present. oh, i've seen good infantino toys at marshalls. back to the game, go sox!!!

meri said...

yup...she has made up her mind. and yes...my trip will be easier...as long as I can get Ana used to the idea!! and yes...she likes the jumperoo....it is good for short bursts during the day...but not long periods of time. and the one i have is very large...! May be worth it if you are having more kiddos in the future! yeah...sox did it!

Karin, Jeffrey, and Madison Smith said...

Mer - definitely sounds like it's time to move on....your poor boobs!!! Sounds like everyone is ready for the change. I will have to look around for the toys...seems i haven't had two minutes to myself since we chatted. Ladies, I was trying to keep my thoughts to myself about the jumparoo, but i jut can't help it! I hate them!! Too much pressure on those growing hips, those kiddos are developmentally not ready! If you must, but please don't buy the ones that hang from the door!! I know I am a crazy PT. Love you all!

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

lol, kar i was wondering what you thought about them and appreciate your thoughts. i have also heard some therapists not liking them due to promoting toe walking..hmm..the little guy just loves being in vertical,maybe everything in moderation!?

Karin, Jeffrey, and Madison Smith said...

Kar - I try not to be crazy...most things in moderation! Bumbo - moderation, exersaucer-moderation, jumperoo....nope. Don't like em...I really sound insane I know.

meri said...

Hey...I have never heard anything about the stationary jumperoo...only the door hanging ones!!! Thankfully I haven't used it too much and when I do...it is like to get Ana's breakfast ready...etc. I think it is time to put away! Probably should have asked you on that...hopefully didn't cause any damage...! Ana used it a little...but not too much either!