Thursday, January 22, 2009

So many 6 mo olds!!!

Hi Ladies - Sorry I didn't post when I said I would. We were on the road for two weekends in a row and my sister was in town last weekend, so it has been a month since we have had a free weekend...can't wait until tomorrow!!!! Maddie has ear infections and we had to make a trip to the MD this week for some antibiotics...poor thing! She also had her 6 mo appointment. (and completely tore up the paper on the table too!!)..I don't know her height because I was too busy chasing her around to hear, but I do know that she i still in the 97th percentile. She is 16 lbs, 8 ounces...WOW!!




















It really is amazing to watch all of these kids develop...they are all so different. Maddie is a little crazy nut!!














I finally got her to watch her baby einstein video For fifteen minutes and now she will not sit and watch it…she has to stand!!!




















I thought I would have 15 minutes to myself, but NO!!! She is just starting to cruise around her little table in order to get to the toy she wants. She is by far ahead of everyone in her daycare class physically. However, she doesn’t “talk” much and has no teeth! :) They (as in smart research type people) say they can only focus on one thing at once, so some are movers, some are talkers, and some have a nice mix of both! It certainly is interesting to see what all your kiddos are doing. I have a friend here that has a July baby girl also and the two are soooo different!! The saddest thing over the last month has been Maddie standing in her crib and looking over the edge and crying….she wins every time!!




















Oh and Kar - I have started signing with Maddie...we have the Baby Einstein "My First Signs" DVD...it took her a while to get into it but we played it once a day and now she LOVES it!! It's hard to tell what she understands receptively, but I think she gets alot. She is able to sign "more"... I taught it to her during meal time, but "all done" is really difficult for us because she never wants to be "all done" eating!! Good Luck!!

Sorry have been so behind...hope you enjoyed our little photo shoot tonight....I leave you with a little look into Maddie's BIG personality!!! Hope you all are doing well and hope to see you all soon!!







Love, Kar

2 comments:

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

kar-she is so cute!! i completely see your face in her expressions. i love that the "sign" is working! i hope her ear infections clear up quick!

meri said...

Kar...sounds like you didn't get that nice little sitting up break before the exploring begins......!! She sure is a little monkey! And a cute little monkey at that! We definately need to see her again soon! I do hope those ear infections get better....NO fun! Glad to hear all is well otherwise and all the babies are doing so darn well!!!!