Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spoons, Swings, Puffs, and Sleep :)


Happy 8 Months Maddie!!

I think Brandon might have turned a corner this weekend (or maybe it is Mom that has finally caved to the cry it out method out of desperation!!)


He had a temeprature a few weeks back and then was off following a new tooth erupting...then I think his night awakening became behavioral..on Friday night he was up every 45 minutes (yes I kept a log and couldn't believe it when I checked in the morning. So on Saturday I set off for the library and came back with Ferber, No cry Sleep Solution, and Better Sleep Habits. I didn't mind crying it out, my main concern was that he was going to really hurt himself getting down from the crib rails. So the first time I let him "self soothe" he lasted a howling 22 minutes..I was heartbroken but too exhausted to try anything else. Tonight I put him down and it only took him 2 minutes to fall asleep :) I am so happy that he is getting better. He is still up 2x/night to eat, but I'm hoping to cut that back in the next couple of weeks. Judging by his big belly, I don't think that he needs all of that food :)
So the other great discoveries that we have made are puffs which just makes me laugh and smile as I watch him try to get into his mouth and the classic measuring spoons and cups which let Mom and Dad have a peaceful dinner with some nice clanging serenading us.



I hope that everyone is doing great!!

3 comments:

Karin, Jeffrey, and Madison Smith said...

Great Picture Kar! Glad you are getting sleep under control...definitely is necessary!!! My friend tried the Ferber book too and had great success so hopefully it keeps working for you! Can't believe 8 months have FLOWN by!

meri said...

It is funny....it was 8 months when I was finally ready for the crying it out!! You reach a point and you are like...this isn't necessary anymore!! LOL. Glad is seems to be working well so far :) These pics are awesome...can we say haircut??? Love it!!!

Karen Gibson Curtis said...

lol, i know with hair growing over the ears, i think its time to get the first haircut :)